"Makeup is the last area of my life to transition to the 'clean' side," reality star, lifestyle guru, and mom-of-three Kristin Cavallari tells me over the phone during our interview regarding Savvy Minerals by Young Living, the new makeup line she is helping launch. Savvy Minerals products are naturally derived, minus cheap fillers and synthetic ingredients. Therefore, the brand "checked all the boxes for my needs," Cavallari, who loves Young Living and its essential oils, says. She was initially introduced to Young Living by her mother when she got pregnant and started her own family." - More here!
We have three NEW products perfect for enjoying the summer months! These products have been clinically tested for effectiveness.
- Insect repellent: clinically proven to repel mosquitos and prevent bug bites, formulated with sesame oil, citronella, lemongrass, rosemary, geranium, spearmint, thyme and clove, hypoallergenic and 100% naturally derived. The application quickly absorbs and contains vitamin E. You can feel completely safe using this on the entire family. No DEET and works 30% better than other natural bug repellents. Safe for children. Avoid children's hands and clothing.
- Lavaderm After Sun Spray: temporarily relieves pain and itching associated with minor burns, sunburns, minor scrapes, insect bites and minor skin irritations. Soothes and cools skin, provides immediate relief, contains Lavender, Northern Lights Black Spruce, Helichrysum and Aloe.
- Mineral Sunscreen: goes on sheer, lotion provides protection against UVA and UVB rays without harsh chemical ingredients. Instead, the non-greasy sunscreen offers broad-spectrum SPF 10 protection using naturally derived plant- and mineral-based ingredients, including non-nano zinc oxide—a physical UV blocker. The lightweight formula goes on smooth and stays water- and sweat-resistant for 80 minutes, so you can feel comfortable while you stay moving. With hypoallergenic ingredients and skin-loving essential oils—such Helichrysum, Carrot Seed, and Frankincense—this gentle sunscreen rubs on smoothly without a white residue, so you can effortlessly add it to your time outdoors. Dermatologist tested and hypoallergenic
Formulated without UV chemical absorbers, parabens, phthalates, petrochemicals, animal-derived ingredients, synthetic preservatives, synthetic fragrances, or synthetic dyes
How to use: Apply liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure. Reapply after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating, immediately after towel drying, or at least every 2 hours.
Introducing Young Living's newest line for babies, Seedlings! Whether you have teeny tinies, little ones or just love moisturizing, calming goodness... you will LOVE this line. The calming blend found in all Seedling products smells soooo good: Lavender, Bergamot, Coriander, Geranium and Ylang Ylang. Paraben free, synthetic free, free of dyes, dermatologist tested and hypoallergenic. These products were designed to allow parents to feel at complete ease while they bond and take care of their babies.
- Baby Oil: Can be used for a baby massage. Formulated with drying carrier oils so baby isn't slippery. Moisturizes, soothes and protects skin.
- Baby Wash and Shampoo: gentle tear-free formula that leaves skin and hair soft, clean and smooth. Rinses clean without over drying. Specially formulated for infant skin.
- Baby Wipes: these wipes smell amazing! Use on baby bottoms or to remove makeup or clean little hands. Ultra soft and thick and super durable. Comes with 72 wipes.
- Diaper Rash Cream: helps relieve, treat and prevent diaper rash. Seals out wetness, reduces redness, extra gentle, dermatologist recommended and hypoallergenic. Use before bed for preventative treatment.
- *Coming Soon* Baby lotion: specially formulated for delicate skin. Contains three nut butters: murumuru, cocoa and mango butter. All natural, prevents dryness, non greasy, vegan. Perfect for after the bath or before bedtime. Calms and relaxes baby.
- *Coming Soon* Linen Spray: creates a soothing and relaxing atmosphere. Refreshes crib sheets, car seats, clothing, carpet, etc. Gentle enough to use around newborns and those breast feeding.
We now have our own chemical-free makeup line, Savvy Minerals! Free of cheap fillers and synthetics. We are so excited about what's happening in Young Living to give us options for every area of our life and what we put on our biggest organ (our skin!) is so important. Savvy Minerals are vegan, not tested on animals, ideal for sensitive skin and provides beautiful, buildable color for all day wear. SHOP here!
Choosing your foundation color... a few tips! Most blondes and brunettes are a Warm 02.
Here are some tips for selecting the right foundation color for YOU...
1. Check Your Veins
Push your sleeves up and look at the veins on the inside of your wrist. Are they blue or green? If they look more blue, you likely have cool undertones. If the veins look greenish, you’re warm.
2. The Jewelry Trick
Think about whether you look better in silver or gold jewelry Typically, girls with cool undertones look better in silver and platinum metals, and warm-toned women look better in gold.
3. The Neutral Test
Think about what neutral shades flatter you best. Does your skin, eyes, and face look better in bright white and black hues, or ivory, off-whites, and brown/tan shades? The former means you’re probably cool-toned, and the latter, warm.
4. Eye and Hair Color
Your natural eye and hair colors can help figure out your coloring. Customarily, cool people have eyes that are blue, gray, or green and have blond, brown, or black hair with blue, silver, violet and ash undertones. Conversely, warm-toned women usually have brown, amber, or hazel eyes with strawberry blond, red, brown, or black hair. Their hair tends to have gold, red, orange, or yellow undertones.
5. The Sun’s Effects
When you’re out in the sun, does your skin turn a golden-brown, or does it burn and turn pink first? If you fit into the former category, you’re warm-toned, while cool tones tend to burn.
- We have two different bronzers, one for light skin (Crowned all Over) and one for darker or more sun-kissed skin (Summer Loved).
- There are three blushes: Smashing, I Do Believe You're Blushin', and Passionate.
- 8 eye shadows! Shown above.
- Jetsetter eyeliner that you can use the Misting Spray to create a liquid liner (spray in lid and dip eye liner brush to create a liquid) or wear dry for a softer liner.
- Multitasker: dark brown color that can be used on brows, as eyeliner or as eye shadow (tip: also covers gray roots!)
Lip colors! Choose your favorite lipsticks and glosses.
- The two gloss colors (more accurate colors above) are Embrace (nude-y pink) and Abundance (light pink) and they are both infused with Peppermint oil. Dreamy!
- Choose from four lipsticks: On a Whim, Day Dream, Wish, and Uptown Girl. They are moisturizing and give you a really pretty and natural color.
- Misting spray: one of our favorite products!! At only $15 you will want to stock up on this. You can spray this on your makeup brush for a creamier foundation application (spray on brush then swirl in cap with tapped out foundation). Includes: aloe, cedarwood, geranium, lavender and ROSE oil. Can be used to refresh your face or set your makeup as well!
- Mineral Veil: a setting powder that gives you a finished, air brushed look. Smoothes and blurs fine lines and pores.
glass found here
With spring right around the corner, tell us we aren't the only ones working on our beach bod ;). If you are working on your fitness and looking for the BEST post-workout shake, then look no further. This is a really simple shake and we looove this protein powder because it is not chalky AT ALL. Super smooth and we love the chocolate for most days and the vanilla is amazing too.
You will need:
- 2 scoops Protein Powder in Chocolate Deluxe
- 1-2 drops of Peppermint Vitality (comes in your starter kit!!)
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 t Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil (tastes like little chocolate chips!!)
- Ice for blending
Blend on low until nice and smooth! Enjoy within 30 minutes of your workout for optimal absorption!
Photos by Morgan Blake
Diffusing essential oils is one of the easiest and most relaxing ways to enjoy the benefits of essential oils. Here are some of our suggestions. Currently diffusing some of our favorite combos from the premium starter kit:
- We love Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint (3 drops each) for opening up and breathing deeply
- Thieves + Lemon (5 drops each) for boosting and maintaining overall wellness
- R.C. + Lemon (5 drops each) to support respiratory health
- Purification ( 10 drops) for promoting good vibes + a fresh aroma
- Stress Away (10 drops) for unwinding
- Digize + Peppermint (5 drops each) to support happy bellies
- Frankincense + Stress Away (5 drops each) to support a clear and relaxed mind
- Panaway (10 drops) for a minty cool down post-exercise
- Stress Away + Copaiba (5 drops each) to mellow out
Want to start diffusing? Become a member! You will get all of these oils PLUS a free diffuser and wholesale membership (24% off!!) - an almost $300 value for $160 PLUS you will become a member and have access to all of our exclusive resources. Join here!
Deep Relief is one of our favorite blends. Like a natural icy hot, it heats and cools and is amazing for rubbing on the back of your neck at the end of a long day, we especially love it for travel. Ahhh, instant unwinding. We also love it for sore muscles and it is back! Grab yours here, members get 24% off!
When it comes to storing our oils we like to think outside the box (or drawer!). Having your oils somewhere where you can see them is key for using them to their fullest potential. Here are a few ways we love to store our oils:
- In vintage chicken coops :)
- Using nail polish racks like this one and this one.
- Pretty holders to set on your desk or vanity! We are swooning over these for our rollers! The marble version below, here.
- This adorable spice rack doubles as cool and easy oil storage! Of course we LOVE the gold version too!